Sign in to follow this  
Cold

Hex Editing Packet

Question

Well, i'm trying to implement a kind of hex editing. So i found that the packet_len that control the char name, party and guild is 0x195, but my question is... How can i find the hexadecimal description on the hexed for that packet?

I'm trying to do something like, add another bar, after Guild Name, on characters info, like:

Player Name (PartyName)
GuildEmblem GuildName [Guild Position]

Here Another tab.

I know the logical command to do this on clif.c but the max string value to each of these names is 24, so the total string for that infos are 102 bits, where

bits 6~29 are the characters name.

bits 30~53 are the name of the player party.

bits 54~77 the name of the guild

bits 78~101 the guild position.

So, how can i expando the info like

bits 102~125 another infor that i want.

I can do this on the clif.c, but i dont know how to make the hexed show this to the client. Anyone could help?

1 answer to this question

You have to:

- Make the client recognize (InitPacketLenWithClient) the modified packet. ~ Easy.

- Make the client parse the modified packet and save the another info in memory (CGameMode::Zc_Ack_Reqnameall). ~ Moderate difficulty.

- Make the client draw the text along with the other data when requested (probably UINameBalloonText::SetNameText). ~ Complicated.

There probably aren't many people willing and able to do such edit, so you might want to reconsider this. Note, that for hex-stuff you should provide your client version, as some mechanics vary from version to version.

Edited by Ai4rei