Tzuridis

Do you think custom servers like PokemonRO, DotaRO etc. do not work?

PokemonRO has gone down and in case you didnt play it I considered it to be very innovative and in a way was a completely different game. Even some servers that were basically rag but heavily modified such as the server MetaRO made by boxlunch never took off. There are a couple of DotaRO's, the only one that seems to be up now or in development is a Portuguese server? at http://dotaro.net/.

So do you think a casual styled RO game like a MOBA RO will fail? Do the remnants of the Rag community not want to play something that is that customized? Or was the delivery just flawed?

I guess servers like DotA RO, LoL RO, HoN RO, etc you name it.. will eventually fail because if you want to play this kind of server, you go and play a real game. I mean you go play DotA, LoL, HoN and not RO.

Yea agree if it was an exact copy and I guess people think it is an exact copy which probably is why those servers fail. DotaRO was a combination of both games as the MOBA map was basically just a battleground or another version of woe in the world of Ragnarok. Anyway DotaRO probably isnt the best example of  good MOBA integration or integration of other features into rag but its an easy example to point to. From the ones I have played on that were heavily customized servers like MetaRO or PokemonRO they have all failed. Its just odd that most people dont even try them because they deem it to be to different or far fetched but I guess its because most of them have misconceptions about those servers. Maybe they just need better names and a lot more videos to show gameplay.

In my 7 years of RO playing (hehe... Get it.... Role playing? K nvm) i have concluded the following in my opinion:

WoE/ BG players/ PvP players: 75%

Actual leveling/ PvM: 10%

Players who play custom servers that take an immense amount of work to develop yet die in 2 months: 15%

(Did that add up to 100%? Smh)

If you don't have woe you won't have a population. Guild packs will attract them, yet they will leave your server after another woe server opens with a g pack and your server will die THUS the short cycle of a private RO sever. But this is highly debatable I'm sure, this is just what I've been seeing.

tl;dr don't go too crazy with the customize button. Add a nice BG system + woe treasure and your server will do fine.

Thats interesting and a good observation. To be honest I never did a lot of woe because me and my group were to small to be of any significance in woe but I can see how it is the funnest aspect, pvp is always is.