Sign in to follow this  
vykimo

GHOST textures or BLANK ground....

Question

Hello,

I've one question for the extremely-friendly browedit's mappers :

216153screenHercules000.jpg

How can I remove this ghost textures? AS you can see on the screenshot, it happend ONLY on the bottom of the screen (and rarely on the top) and partially.

BUT, I already tested following solutions :

1.  Changing with an hex-editor the version of the quadtree to 0x109 : the result is worse
  2. I tryed to raise the height of the ground of the fountain in the center ( it's a hole ) : no effect
  3. I tryed to bring closer the models to the ground (I raised the low-lying models and dropped the high-lying models) : no effect too
  4. I tryed too to raise the height of water... no effect
  5. And finally, I tried to save with Brow v.620 : There is no more this problem of ghost texture on the bottom But There are too many ghost models around the map.

That why I prefer BrowEdit 586 to save.

Does anyone have an answer? :(

EDIT/ The most curious thing, is when I raise the water height, WE CAN SEE that only a small part is not loaded :

627591screenHercules000.jpg

Wtfgravity?

Edited by vykimo

5 answers to this question

Oh, sorry.

Hmm. Since you tried with quadtree generating, I sometimes saw an advice to raise the ground above 0 height level. Set your water level to 0 and check if any parts of your map are under the water. If so, you'd need to raise it so it doesn't fall under the 0 height mark. (You mentioned raising parts, and changing height of objects, but the point here is everything being above 0 height)

First of all, rev.620 of Browedit is not good for final saving the map. Use rev. 586 for that. What I do to get rid of those not loading parts is open the map in rev. 586 of BrowEdit, insert to full, generate -> quadtree, and then save the map. See if that helps.

First of all, thanks for you answer.

But, I don't know if i'm clear but I said that :

And finally, I tried to save with Brow v.620 : There is no more this
problem of ghost texture on the bottom But There are too many ghost
models around the map.

I always save with 586 with generating quadtree before, but I only tried to save with the last version to see what happend.... :/

Any another reply?

Excellent answer, i'm not sure about it, but i need to raise all the map to have all my models and ground above 0 height mark? When I set the water level to 0, i've no texture under the water but some object are a bit submerged.

EDIT :

IT's way better !! I upped a bit my models/ground/gat and the problem reduced a bit :

before:

947307screenHercules018.jpg

after:

613384screenHercules017.jpg

EDIT 2 : Finally when raising higher than previously, the blank textures totally desepear. Ty a lot Garr, it's a big step for human ragnarok mapping's community.

Edited by vykimo