Aeromesi

[WIP]Pokemon MOD Package for Hercules

Here's some more updates, after fixing the database issues, obtaining and using your Pokemon works now!

11742687_511357192355298_2911834902518421703_n.jpg?oh=3e659293675d087f14005a6dba238bf0&oe=561DB6EA

11745805_511357292355288_5432030522064015038_n.jpg?oh=631fd9220f5907a3b7a14f7eebb36b6c&oe=561E9786

11693844_511357515688599_1938498481971209421_n.jpg?oh=5bda69a44dbf59d611df7ac62a626872&oe=561A99B3

Note: This applies ONLY towards the *athena based emulator Cronus. Fixing it up and translating everything to english + getting it workable in the current emulator is my mini-goal, but moving it into Hercules as I (or we in the fact I get help) is the overall goal.

Edited by Aeromesi

My time claims me somewhere else too much like Mysterious and some other projects I ought to resume as soon as possible, but I wouldn't mind doing a quick translation here and there provided I have kind of the free time at the moment, but seems not possible at the moment @.@

Still looking for people to help me on this project! LET'S GET'R DOOOOOONE!

So I finally got around to uploading the Patch (Small installer) of the PkRO files. Just get a clean kRO (Or simply copy/paste into a COPY of your own servers folder like I did) and you should be able to use this.

Now we can work towards translating the client files and the github server files :D

If you're interested I'll find a way so you can add commits and push updates to the github. Just be sure to message me or add me on Skype: itzmichaelmorici

PkRO Small Installer link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/447lgvdtj57dhg2/Patch%20PkRO.rar?dl=0

So just to clarify a few people on my skype have been confused about this project.

The aim/goal of this conversion is simply this:

Take everything from the PkRO Client+Server (Which uses the Cronus emulator) and translate everything to english, as well as add everything from the DB, SRC, as well as make the scripts compatible to hercules, change how the beginning works (When you first login to make a character) and make it a side-play in the game. Like you would go up to Professor Oak and tell him you're ready to start your Journey as a Pokemon Master.

It's a big project but once it's finished, people can be free to use it as they will, modify it, even contribute, improve, and have Pokemon in RO!

Edited by Aeromesi

:o is that the one from PokemonRO.com?? looks similar to what they had. (no not PokemonRO.net)

PokemonRO.com had an excellent project in progress that was developing a complete Pokemon system including Pokemon Evolution, Skills, Pokemon Catching etc.

The classes would be the jobs that we see in Pokemon - Trainer, Bug catcher, Breeder etc. And they were using different sprites than the ones we have seen lurking around

SADLY the site suddenly disappeared one day and no news after that :(

Hey guys. This is bballa99, the creator of the original PokemonRO (PokemonRO.net, not PokemonRO.com or Pokemon-RO.net or PkmnRO.com) from back in 2009.. the old site can be seen here: https://web.archive.org/web/20110809094609/http://pokemonro.net/forum/

In the past our forum had 700 members and was very active, however development slowed down to a halt as our lives got busier. I still have the original eAthena source code on my HD for many source edits such as the multiple Pokemon slot system, Pokemon catching system, homunculus/Pokemon player skills.. all created by the developers (including myself).

I'm thinking of getting this project back online, however, I'm wondering if I should use Hercules or rAthena? And is anyone interested on helping me develop this again? Maybe we can pool resources. Anyways the original pokemonRO was meant to be an MMORPG in the exact style as the original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow with the first 151 Pokemon. If anyone is interested feel free to send me a PM! I'd be happy to get my baby off the ground and back online again 

-bballa99

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it appears that one of the original PokemonRO developers has branched off and contributed to another brazil PokemonRO: 

Edited by bballa99

:o is that the one from PokemonRO.com?? looks similar to what they had. (no not PokemonRO.net)

PokemonRO.com had an excellent project in progress that was developing a complete Pokemon system including Pokemon Evolution, Skills, Pokemon Catching etc.

The classes would be the jobs that we see in Pokemon - Trainer, Bug catcher, Breeder etc. And they were using different sprites than the ones we have seen lurking around

SADLY the site suddenly disappeared one day and no news after that :(

Hey guys. This is bballa99, the creator of the original PokemonRO (PokemonRO.net, not PokemonRO.com or Pokemon-RO.net or PkmnRO.com) from back in 2009.. the old site can be seen here: https://web.archive.org/web/20110809094609/http://pokemonro.net/forum/

In the past our forum had 700 members and was very active, however development slowed down to a halt as our lives got busier. I still have the original eAthena source code on my HD for many source edits such as the multiple Pokemon slot system, Pokemon catching system, homunculus/Pokemon player skills.. all created by the developers (including myself).

I'm thinking of getting this project back online, however, I'm wondering if I should use Hercules or rAthena? And is anyone interested on helping me develop this again? Maybe we can pool resources. Anyways the original pokemonRO was meant to be an MMORPG in the exact style as the original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow with the first 151 Pokemon. If anyone is interested feel free to send me a PM! I'd be happy to get my baby off the ground and back online again 

-bballa99

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it appears that one of the original PokemonRO developers has branched off and contributed to another brazil PokemonRO: 

Yes, here in Brazil the Pokerag is very famous mod. At the time of Veronica, Pokerag and One Piece they stood out, the administrator is called Sonic, but I don't know who is he on Cronus-Emulator, never heard of.

They have a lot of systems and etc, lately they were stuck in time , but are launching a new server and are nice.

But if I'm not mistaken at first It was very similar to your project but they improved.

Well I've translated most of the NPCs to english @@bballa99, was this PokemonMod client/server yours @@bballa99? PM me.

Go with Hercules, it's the best imo, stable, and lots of support. Also my idea is to convert all client language to english like item descriptions and also translate all NPCs to english which I'm working on, the biggest part is the src.

Edited by Aeromesi

I help you! ;) ..

i translate all the npc espanish version 

xD!...

Edited by OmarAcero

Well I've translated most of the NPCs to english @@bballa99, was this PokemonMod client/server yours @@bballa99? PM me.

Go with Hercules, it's the best imo, stable, and lots of support. Also my idea is to convert all client language to english like item descriptions and also translate all NPCs to english which I'm working on, the biggest part is the src.

Yeah I'm the original owner/administrator. 

I haven't looked into the files you have so I'm not sure how close it is to a pokemon server.

HI,

Did you guys got the way to solve the homunculus skill limit in client after skill id 8044 or before 8000?

the client won't show the skill for player to press, if you low down the range to 5000+ the skill can show in homunculus skill tree, but

the skill can't put in hotkey + when u use those skill, player will move front first before homunculus cast a skill, its seen like client limitation